Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Last Mr. Bigg - Only If You Knew (2000)




Honestly, I don't know a whole lot about this guy - so prah'lee it won't be a long post this time. The Last Mr. Bigg (a.k.a. Diamond Eyes, real name Donald Maurice Pears) is from Alabama somewhere and his been releasing records since sometime before 2000 I'd guess. I've been havning problems finding out when he dropped any of his discs. His first disc only if you knew (which I'm posting today) dropped 2000 and his second disc the mask is off dropped 2003, according to his wikipedia page, that's all I know. His wiki page also lets us know he's been featured as the choir singer on 3-6 Mafias big hit Poppin My Collar and Project Pats Tell Tell Tell and a couple of other songs from 3-6's 2005 big release Most Known Unknown. That's pretty major right? And here I thougt he was practicly unheard of... Maybe he'll get his big break within soon, he definatley got talent and a character which should be able to break him threw commercialy nation- and worldwide. So why isn't this guy famous?
'
'
If you thougt that was a question I asked just to answear it right after I'll have to disapoint you. I really don'y know... Perhaps it has something to do with him being shot a few years back in the head while riding his car somwhere. That could probaly scare some A&R's and record company folks away. I wouldn't know. Anyways it might just be a matter of time before he breaks threw big time. Apperently he's got an album on the way called The Worlds Greatest Shit Talker which I'll mos def will be on the look out for.
'
'
An other thing worth mentioning is that the diamond in his eye he's been wearing ever since he got shot there is worth a 100 grand or so.. That's hood rich I guess, or something.
About this album. First of all go listen to the youtube video I'll post in a minute (finally figuered out who to do that, alltough I couldn't get the video to work posted in the same post as the text...). Then you'll get an idea of what this album is about, no real lyrical monster or anything. Which in my opinion isn't needed to make a great ablum. Just great storytelling and hardcore swagger and great choir singing by Mr Bigg himself.
'
'
Downside is some of the beats, and some ot the tracks alltogeather who just isn't very good. Even tough it's already a kind of short album it could have gained as an album if tracks like Sick-n-Tired and Dopeman Bitch was left out. There are a couple of guest rappers on there, I don't know any of them. I know Mr Bigg has done music with rappers all over the south, from Texas to Tennesse and home state Alabama so it could be just anyone.
Best tracks: Trial Time, Traffic King (reminds me of some old Sho & Willie D song), Hoe Check and Only If You Knew. Enjoy!
'
'
Last but not least. Thanks to anybody reading and giving props! I'm sorry for not posting more often. And I'm sorry for posting these rushed togethear posts when I post, hopefully they're well written enough to convince you to download and hopefully buy these records I post. Support the artist. I might just do another Mr. Bigg post by the way, atleast just give you a link because all his records are worth a listen.
'
'
'

'
'
Tracklist:
'
1. Sick-N-Tired
2. Traffic King
3. Trail Time
4. No Mo'
5. Dopeman Bitch
6. Rev Rolex
7. Hoe Check
8. Laughin' Murderah
9. What About Us
10. Time Served
11. Rainy Dayz & Nights
12. Only If U Knew
13. Trial Time [Radio Edit]
14. Outro
'
'
The Last Mr. Bigg on the net:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is from Mobile, AL. Here is a little something from his myspace
After being released from prison in 1998
Donald Pears A.K.A. The Last Mr.Bigg
Hit the underground world like a bomb With his ghetto classics
"Take That Shit To Trial Bitch"
"Talk About The Ho`s"
"Long Hair"
"Top Down"
Just to name a few. You may have heard that The Last Mr.Bigg was shot in the head twice while sitting in a car on DEC. 13, 2004. That is very true. What is also true is that he is still Alive. The doctors had to remove his right eye so if you see the Diamonds in his glass eye when you look at his picture again DON`T FREEZE UP!!!

Anonymous said...

The Last Mr. Biggs is the fucken heat. His momma calls him on a record and tells him it's hot down there to hide out for a while. It don't get no better!!!

"Had 'em stealin' out they crib 'cause my crack taste like reeibs!"